Friday, January 22, 2010

Life Painting Studies


This is probably one of my favorite three hour pose head paintings. My teacher, Don Seegmiller, taught me a lot about simplifying down to a limited palette of only a few colors: payne's grey, white, yellow ochre, cadmium red and alizarin crimson.



Six hour study
I did the following two paintings during a portrait painting workshop taught by Bjorn Thorkelson. He invented a really excellent measuring system called Accurasee for artists to use while painting or drawing from life. This involves using a grid to transfer what you see in life to your work in a way that helps ensure accuracy in drawing in a super quick and easy to use method. You can learn more about it at: http://www.accurasee.com/




Six hour study



















Adrian Gottlieb was a guest artist in my head painting class at BYU on this day. We all painted for about 3o minutes and then he did a painting demonstration for the rest of the class. I love Adrian's paintings: http://www.adriangottlieb.com/












































No comments:

Post a Comment