Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nupastel Sketches














Melissa
18 x 24"
pastel



Addy
18 x 24" pastel



Christian and Andrew
18 x 24" pastel



Andrew
12 x 16" pastel




Christian
12 x 16" pastel








The Egberts
16 x 20" pastel




Emma
18 x 24" pastel






Cowboy
18 x 24" pastel




I got the chance to visit the Bodies Exhibit after hours and draw from this real human skeleton.






Levi





My husband David was kind enough to pose for me while listening to "Ender's Game" on tape for this two-hour study.



"I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands"
22 x 30" pastel




"Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God"
22 x 30" pastel




"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth"
22 x 30" pastel




This was a 20 minute pose in Richard Hull's figure drawing class. I really liked how the edges turned out.





Here is a drawing by David Kassan of me. Using a product called Pan Pastels, he drew me for a demonstration at the 2010 Portrait Society of America Conference in Washington DC.

3 comments:

  1. Mary, you are AMAZING! Mike and I just checked out your blog and we are both so impressed. The one of Addi Rowe is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your children's stuff is really phenomenal! i was just looking at your facebook albums and WOW! great stuff, mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, you probably don't remember me ... Jamie Anderson from nursery last year (we moved out of the ward :( But I just wanted to let you know that I am so impressed! I had no clue you were so talented. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete