I think this was my favorite stage of the painting: the block-in. I've got to figure out a way to keep the transparent block-in in the shadows without covering them up as I go.
At this point, I started adding in the background and foreground cloth colors with the white flower up front. Sherrie came over and told me that it looked like I was "growing the drawing". At that point, she took my larger bristle brush, loaded it with paint, and repainted my picture. This is what it looked like with all the objects slightly smaller.
Here is my finished still life after 1 full day. The peony started wilting after lunch, so what started out as a fully open flower turned into one with most of the petals hanging down!