Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grand Central Academy Weekly Update


Here is an update on my progress in the portrait painting class.  This week I made a transfer of last week's drawing to a linen canvas and started to lay in value with wiping in and out. This picture blows out my lighter values unfortunately, but you get a general idea.  You are now looking at 12 hours.

Here is some more student work that I saw sitting around the studio this week.  It seems like they have students draw the figure, paint a small color sketch, and then a more finished looking larger painting of the figure.  I think my favorite stage of the work isn't the finished painting, but this little color sketch.  I find it very moving.  I posted it earlier when only half of it was painted and now you can see the full figure.



Another "color sketch" version where nothing is blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment